Vite Colte Barolo “Essenze” DOCG
- The grapes come from vineyards located in the municipality of Barolo located at an altitude between 280 and 380 m above sea level. The soils are of marine sedimentary origin referable to the "Piedmontese tertiary basin", characterized by the presence of clayey-calcareous sedimentary marls, marl and sand or sandstone, with a prevalence of Marne di Sant'Agata (gray silty clay sedimentary rock, sometimes bluish, rich in limestone).
- This terrain gives rise to elegant, fragrant, and balanced wines within 3-4 years.
- The harvest is followed by alcoholic fermentation with maceration of the skins for about 20 days.
- The malolactic fermentation takes place in steel. Subsequently, the wine is aged in small oak barrels for 24 months. The wine rests for a further 6 months in the bottle before being put on the market.
Color, Nose & Palate
• Intense ruby red tending to garnet.
• Intense, exceptionally complex, with evident notes of violet, tar, and vanilla.
• Dry and warm, with great body and structure. The long and persistent finish exhibits ripe black and red fruits and an evident balsamic note.