95% Pinot Noir, 5% Alicante Bouschet
- Vineyards are located in the Lodi region of California.
- The vineyards that produced the fruit for this wine benefit from the deep and rich soils that make-up the Lodi Appellation.
- The fruit is cultivated to a have a balance between fruit character and structure.
- The fruit was harvested at the peak of flavor and crushed and fermented in stainless steel vessels.
- The wine was then aged in experienced barrels and allowed to age for twelve months. The blend was then created and prepared for bottling.
Color, Nose & Palate
- This wine has bright red color with aromas of raspberry and blackberry bramble, mixed with vanilla bean, mint, and clove. The wine begins with crisp acidity and flavors of raspberry, strawberry and cranberry.
- The medium body gives way to spicier notes of fresh sage, and dried thyme and coriander.
J. Ryland Pinot Noir